A remastered version of Prince’s landmark album Purple Rain will be released this winter with several previously unreleased songs.
NPG Records and Warner Bros. Records announced Friday that two remastered versions of the 1984 album will be released on June 23. The labels said Prince himself oversaw the remastering process in 2015 and the two-disc Purple Rain Deluxe set will include six unreleased tracks.
Among the unreleased tracks are a solo version of the song Possessed and a studio version of Electric Intercourse.
An expanded edition will include a third disc of B-sides and a DVD of a 1985 performance by Prince and the Revolution in New York, US. Both releases are available for pre-order on Saturday.
* Prince fans remember him a year later
* Prince sold more albums than anyone in 2016, even Adele
* New Prince music release blocked by US court
* Prince’s first posthumous song released
* Prince is dead: Full coverage
Prince died a year ago, leaving behind a trove of unreleased music at Paisley Park estate in Minnesota, US.