Kiwi songstress Lorde has confirmed she will not make an appearance at this year’s Met Gala.
The Green Light singer replied to a tweet earlier today asking her why she was not at the event.
She said “deeply breaks my heart not to be there this is a custom theme for yours truly biggest comme-head in all of pop”.
The annual event was honouring Commes Des Garcon designer Rei Kawakubo this year.
* Live blog: All the action from the Met Gala
* Lorde shares her favourite songs with fans
* The world reacts to Lorde’s new Green Light
* Green lights, wrong beach: Lorde fans confused after Auckland publicity stunt
* Lorde reveals the ‘worst gig moment’ of her life
Although Lorde was expected to appear at the event she had not confirmed she would be there.
Lorde turned heads last year when she arrived at the Met Gala with a cast on her arm.
The singer’s mother Sonya Yelich posted a picture to her Instagram on Monday showing the pair in New Orleans.
The singer was performing at the New Orleans Jazz Festival which meant she may have had a scheduling conflict.